Monday, 4 June 2012

Speechless

Even if justice were done on the mainland, although none of us has the crystal ball to tell exactly when, today is a day for commemoration and reflection. Cognitively I'm compelled to write something, but my hand and heart fail me. I have tried to scribble something, but it doesn't make sense. After a few attempts, I think I'd better give up and let my emotions flow.

At the recommendation of Ramie, I have started listening to Lady Gaga and I must confess that her remarkable talent and vocal skills really surprise me. Interestingly, a few lines from Lady Gaga's Speechless, my favourite of her songs, seems to have somehow articulated what I feel on this special but tragic day:

Could we fix you if you broke?
And is your punch line just a joke?

I'll never talk again, oh boy, you've left me speechless
You've left me speechless, so speechless



I felt even more so when TV news reported this morning that London has held the spectacular celebrations of the Diamond Jubilee of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II yesterday on River Thames – pretty much at the hour when the first bullets were fired 23 years ago in Beijing.

How sarcastic! I was left speechless most of the day.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:59 am

    For sharing

    Converted from MICHAEL JACKSON LYRICS (http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/michaeljackson/speechless.html;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxjwS1THkyE&feature=fvwrel )
    Your writing is magical , that's how I feel
    But I have not the words here to explain
    Gone is the grace for expressions of passion
    But there are worlds and worlds of ways to explain
    To tell you how I feel

    But I am speechless, speechless
    That's how you make me feel
    Though I'm far away and I have nothing for real
    When I'm with you I am lost for words, I don't know what to say
    My head's spinning like a carousel, so silently I cry
    Helpless and hopeless, that's how I feel inside
    Nothing's real, but all is possible if TOM’s mothers are on my side
    When I'm with you I am in the light where I cannot be found
    It's as though I am standing in the place called Tian On Men

    Speechless, speechless, that's how you make me feel
    Though I'm with you I am far away and nothing is for real
    I'll go anywhere and do anything just to touch the statue
    There's no mountain high I cannot climb
    I'm humbled in your grace

    Speechless, speechless, that's how you make me feel
    Though I'm with you I am lost for words and nothing is for real

    Speechless, speechless, that's how you make me feel
    Though I'm with you I am far away, and nothing is for real

    Speechless, speechless, that's how you make me feel
    Though I'm with you I am lost for words and nothing is for real

    Speechless
    Your writing is magical, that's how I feel
    But in your presence I am lost for words
    Words like, "I admire you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samson5:12 am

    In merory of those killed in their struggle for a just society.

    Samson
    Ontario, Camada

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be published after moderation by the blogger to avoid spam messages. Thank you in advance for your understanding.