Saturday, 1 February 2014

A Great Start of the Year

First of all, let me wish everyone of you a wonderful Year of the Horse with tonnes of happiness, health and harmony with your loved ones.

Thanks to my lovely bosom buddy, I celebrated my birthday, which coincides with the Lunar New Year every 19 years, with a refreshing walk through the Hong Kong Trail on a fine, delightful morning. In about three hours we arrived from Sai Wan Ho at Tai Tam Reservoirs with spectacular views of the clear sky, green woods and blue waters along the way.

Nothing treats the mind and soul better than a feast of the heartening colours of the nature.

What a happy surprise it was to share a sweet birthday cake at the end of the walk. I can't remember when it was the last time I had a lit cake. And this time it also came with a nice, warm gift.

Early in the evening we had a light dinner at a Japanese restaurant, which made its name for the grilled eggs (tamagoyaki). She ordered a umeshu and I a draught Kirin that came with a frozen, slush-like topping. An interesting innovation indeed, although it didn't really taste anything.

Then we walked back to her home, where we talked and laughed for another couple of hours over a bottle of red wine.

Words can't really tell how much I enjoyed every moment of the company. All I can say is that it was truly a great start of the year. Thank you my dear!

6 comments:

  1. 新春快樂,祝你龍馬精神,事事如意。
    生日行山慶祝真的不錯。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 謝謝,祝你馬年順遂、闔府平安。
      是的,我愈來愈喜歡行山,雖然程度只是一般,但在在郊外享受青山綠水,實在心曠神怡。家裡不用拜年已久,所以過年總喜歡到郊外逛逛。難得今年有朋友相陪,更覺愉快。

      Delete
  2. Cecile, happy birthday and Chinese new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:32 pm

    Happy birthday!
    Age is only a number. Enjoy your life every moment.

    Samson
    Ontario, Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samson. Certainly! This is why I'm never shy to tell people how old I am.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. It will be published after moderation by the blogger to avoid spam messages. Thank you in advance for your understanding.